Specializing in 30 Day, 1 & 2 Year New Home Warranty Inspections
Alliston, Barrie, New Tecumseth, Innisfil, Beeton, Angus, Bradford, Oakville, Mississauga, Brampton, Orangeville, Shelburne, Caledon, Bolton, Grand Valley, Erin, Georgetown, Arthur, Tottenham, Collingwood, Newmarket and surrounding areas.
The CLIENT will be provided with a written report of the INSPECTION COMPANY'S visual observations. The INSPECTION COMPANY is not able to determine all deficiencies from visual observations alone. Some deficiencies may go unnoted in the report and the client accepts this. The report is not intended to comply with any legal obligations to disclosure. The Home Inspector is a Generalist, not a specialist in all disciplines.
The report is intended for the sole, confidential and exclusive use and benefit of the CLIENT and the INSPECTION COMPANY has no obligation or duty to any other party. The INSPECTION COMPANY accepts no responsibility for use by third parties. There are no third party beneficiaries to this agreement. This Agreement is not transferable or assignable. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the CLIENT understands that the INSPECTION COMPANY may notify the homeowner, occupant, or appropriate public agency of any condition(s) discovered that may pose a safety or health concern. Inspection is not Building code or By-Law compliance.
5. Limitation of Liability:
It is understood the INSPECTION COMPANY and its associates are not insurers and that the inspection report shall not be construed as a guarantee or warranty of any kind. The CLIENT agrees to hold the INSPECTION COMPANY and their respective officers, agents and employees harmless from and against any and all liabilities, demands, claims, and expenses incident thereto for injuries to persons and for loss of, damage to, destruction of property, cost of repairing or replacing, or consequential damage arising out of or in connection with this inspection.
6. Major Problems:
The purpose of the Home Inspection is to find and identify visible existing major problems apparent on the visual inspection of the home. Home Inspectors can greatly reduce the risk of a home purchase but it is impossible to totally eliminate the risk.
The parties agree that any litigation arising out of this Agreement shall be filed only in the Court having jurisdiction in the Province in which the INSPECTION COMPANY has its principal place of business. If the INSPECTION COMPANY is the substantially prevailing party in any such litigation, the CLIENT shall pay all legal costs, expenses and attorney's fees of the INSPECTION COMPANY in defending said claims.
8. Environmental Concerns:
The inspection will NOT address environmental concerns including, but not limited to: air quality, water quality/quantity, sealed/underground fuel storage tanks, UFFI, asbestos, radon gas, molds, toxins, etc. The inspection report will also NOT address infestation by wood boring insects, rodents or other vermin. The CLIENT understands and acknowledges that it may be necessary to call on specialists in these areas to identify and evaluate these risks.
9. Entire Agreement:
This Agreement represents the entire agreement between the PARTIES. No statement or promise made by the INSPECTION COMPANY or its respective officers, agents or employees shall be binding.
10. Standards of Practice:
The inspection shall be completed in accordance within the CanNACHI Standards of Practice and Codes of Ethics.
The purpose of the inspection is to attempt to detect the presence of home defects by performing a visual inspection of the property and it is a snapshot of the condition of the home today at the time of inspection. This report will not address environmental concerns or provide cost estimates.
The scope of the inspection is limited to the readily accessible areas of the property and is based on the condition of the property at the precise time and date of the inspection. Things can and do change and a home inspection will not stop these changes from occurring. Furthermore, as such, the report is not a guarantee or warranty that hidden defects do or do not exist. As a courtesy the INSPECTION COMPANY may point out conditions that contribute to possible home problems/defects but such comments are not part of the final report.
Key Components of a Home Inspection
Home Inspection Report: What to Expect From Your Home Inspection
HOMESTAR Inspections conducts a visual inspection of the accessible components of your home including the following items:
- Main Roof, Lower Roof and Flat Roof
- Gutters, Downspouts
- Flashings, Roof Penetrations, SkyLights and Chimney
- Evidence of Water Penetration
- Wall Surfaces & Exterior Foundation Wall
- Eaves, Soffits and Fascia
- Entry Door, Flashing & Trim
- Window Wells, Garages & Carports
- Porches, Decks & Balconies
- Stairs, Guard Rails & Hand Rails
- Retaining Walls, Grading & Vegetation
- Patios, Walkways & Driveways
- Foundation, Floors, Walls, Roof Sheathing & Structure
- Interior Chimney(s)
- Evidence of Deterioration
- Lowest Level, Basement & Crawl Space
- Evidence of Condensation, Prior Moisture Seepage
4. INSULATION & VENTILATION
- Attic Venting, Vapour Barrier, Insulation
- Lowest Level Vapour Barrier, Insulation & Ventilation
- Evidence of Insects/Rodents/Pests
- Wall Insulation Main & Upper Levels
- Exhaust Fan Ventilation in Kitchen, Bathrooms & Laundry
- Service Entrance, Service Metre & Service Panel
- Main Disconnect, Service Amperage, Breakers & Fuses
- GFCIs, AFCIs, Grounding & Branch Circuit Wiring
- Junction Boxes, Receptacle, Switches, Lights & Cover Plates
6. HEATING & COOLING
- Heating Sytems, Furnace, Boiler, Electric Heaters
- Burnt Gases Exhaust Method
- Emergency Shut-off Safety Controls & Thermostat
- Heat / Heat Energy Recovery Ventilator
- Cooling Systems
- Supply Piping, Distribution Piping, Water Flow & Pressure
- Waste Piping, P Traps, Cleanouts, Floor Drains
- Sump Pit / Sump Pumps
- Water Heater, Automatic Safety Controls, Exhaust Method
- Laundry Tub, Valves, Faucets
- Sinks, Bathtubs, Enclosures, Toilets, Shower Stalls, Bidets
- Floors, Walls, Ceilings, Trim
- Stairways, Guards & Railings
- Doors, Windows, Counters, Cabinets
- Wall Separation Between Garage & Dwelling, Party Walls
- Smoke Detectors, Gas Fireplace
- Evidence of Water Penetration and Condensation